March came in like a lion and left like an asshole. April was also consistently fairly chilly and unpleasant. Throughout this period, I was also feeling fairly cranky and sluggish, and it showed. I'd like to think I faked my way through but I'm not a good faker. Let's just say, I probably should have spent more time with books and less with humans, and my family and peers would no doubt agree.
Ah well. May perked up weatherwise, and so did I. I am most definitely solar powered. All that said, herewith, the list of books I read during that time:
- Edge of Eternity: Book Three of the Century Trilogy – Ken Follett
- The Murder Book – Jane A. Adams
- Blacklist – Sara Paretsky
- Y is for Yesterday – Sue Grafton
- Master and Commander (Book 1) – Patrick O’Brian
- Treacherous Paradise – Henning Mankell
- Fallout – Sara Paretsky
- Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury
- Beastly Things – Donna Leon
- Post Captain (Book 2) – Patrick O’Brian
No reviews. That level of ambition might take until November, then we'd be back in a no-sun cycle so who knows what would happen? I'll just say no real clunkers in this batch and a couple of gems. (Love the O'Brian Aubrey–Maturin series. If you've never read them, you really must. You'll see that I've restarted the series for the second, possibly third time. Love.) I may have left off one or two books from this list, and if so probably just as well. I've likely forgotten them for a reason.
I am keeping an ongoing list of June books (plus, sunshine), so I hope I'll be more prompt over the summer. Wish me luck!